Feel free to contact us with any orders, questions or comments:
lottiebellebakery@gmail.com or tweet @lottieb_bakery

Sunday 19 February 2012

Bake sale

My little sister asked me to help make some buns for a charity bake sale at school and of course I jumped at the chance. Baking and helping a good cause at the same time, how can you resist!? However, I got a little bit carried away and was baking late into the night.

I didn't make any buns in the end. First I made some cake pops: Vanilla with white chocolate icing and hundreds and thousands and double chocoate with chocolate sprinkles! Yum!





Next I chose to adapt a bake sale favourite - rice krispies and made a rather delicious chocolate, fudge, peanut butter, rice krispie bar concoction. The bottom layer is corn syrup with peanut butter mixed with rice krispsies, put into a deep baking tin then I melted chocolate and fudge together to make the top layer. Wait for it to set then cut into bars! Simples.




Then I decided to experiment even more! I saw how to make honeycomb on the Great British Bake Off on BBC a while ago and thought it looked great fun and so I gave it a go. To be honest, I found it really simple and when it set I simply snapped it, weighed it into sweet bags and tied it up.



The bake sale was a success, so I hear, which is good news all round.

The honeycomb also gave me an idea for Crunchie-inspired cake pops. Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment